How Do I Make a Complaint?
At Exchange Utility, we strive to offer the highest level of quality and excellence at each stage of your journey with us and always aim to continuously improve our services. All complaints will be treated with courtesy and respect.
If something doesn’t quite meet your expectations, please see below the steps which we will take and the timescales for each point. A complaint might be resolved for example by apologising, making a goodwill gesture or giving compensation.
If you would like to raise a complaint, you can let us know by either phone, e-mail or post.
- Phone – 0161 696 0104
- E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post/in person – Exchange Utility Ltd, Floor 2, Athenaeum House, Market St, Bury, BL9 0BL.
What will happen next?
- We will write to you to acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 2 working days of receiving it.
- We will then investigate the complaint and aim to get back to you within 24 hours with a resolution.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved within 24 hours we will let you know with an update on the progress and action so far.
- After a further 7 days we will write to you again with a suggested resolution.
- Agreement of resolution will be confirmed in writing and action taken accordingly.
- The complaint will then be closed.
What do I do if I am not satisfied?
If you are still not satisfied with the resolution, you can contact the Ombudsman Services Energy who can investigate the complaint further for you. This service is free and impartial.
Their contact details are:
- Phone – 0330 440 1624
- Website – os-energy.org
Finally, should Exchange Utility not be able to resolve your complaint directly, or if it has been unresolved for more than 8 weeks, we will inform the Ombudsman Services of this.