Energy Jobs at Exchange Utility
Exchange Utility is a multi-award-winning energy consultancy based in Bury, Greater Manchester, that provides energy management solutions to more than 18,000 businesses across the UK.
We provide a personalised, bespoke service to each of our clients, negotiating the best prices with our wide range of business energy providers.
Why work for Exchange Utility?
Our unique culture is what sets us apart from other energy consultancies, and what makes Exchange Utility such a great place to work.
First and foremost, we are a high-performance sales business, which means that we attract passionate and motivated individuals who are looking to make the most of our uncapped commissions structure. We work hard to meet the needs of our clients, which goes far beyond simply securing them the right deals for their energy. From our front-line Energy Consultants to our learning & development support teams, we encourage each other to reach our full potential.
You can expect other benefits too, including our Bury town centre location, regular social events, generous holiday entitlement and early finishes on Fridays!
Are you interested in joining Exchange Utility? Call our recruitment team on 0161 694 5875 today!
Benefits of working for Exchange Utility
Your journey at Exchange Utility will begin with our award-winning training induction, in which we will introduce you to the energy industry and take you through full systems training.
Once you have successfully passed your induction training, you’ll then join the rest of your team. Your manager will map out a bespoke development plan to guide you through the first 6 months of your employment as your skills improve and nurture your growing knowledge of the energy industry.
But the support doesn’t end there – throughout your career at Exchange Utility, the coaching, pricing and quality teams will be there to motivate, guide and develop you to achieve the best results that you can..
You can also expect the following benefits:
- Uncapped commission (sales roles)
- 33 days’ holiday per year including statutory holidays
- Self-management – the trust and autonomy to manage your own workload/breaks
- Daily, weekly and monthly incentives
- Complimentary fruit, tea, coffee and hot chocolate
- Monthly recognition awards
- Fully expensed social events
- Free access to wellbeing services, including a 24-hour helpline, counselling and online services
- Friday 2.30pm finish – start your well-earned weekend early!
- Genuine opportunities to progress within our growing business
- Bury town centre location with excellent public transport and motorway links
Learning and development opportunities
Opportunities to enhance our skills and build on our own repertoire are key to finding a career where you can really flourish and enjoy your role. They act as a motivator and make us feel valued as individual contributors, so make sure when you choose your next role there are development opportunities waiting for you to take advantage of.
When you decide to embark upon a new job, you need to be sure that there are development opportunities available within the business offering you the role – no one wants a job that’s going nowhere.
Available learning and development opportunities
Our commitment to providing staff with learning and development opportunities is unparalleled. We offer the following to ensure that everyone can follow their ambitions and best the best they can be:
Every member of staff experiences a two-week induction process where you will be integrated into Exchange Utility via a series of training sessions, role-play activities and industry-specific seminars.
By the end of the two weeks, you will be raring to go and make those sales and start earning more!
- Apprenticeships are an integral part of staff development at Exchange Utility. We have a dedicated training provider who will help you to identify and achieve extra qualifications that you can secure during your time at Exchange Utility.
The best bit is, it’s all on the job training and there’s no wage penalisation. We’re just satisfied that anything new that you learn could benefit the business in the long run.
- All staff are subject to regular performance reviews and can go and speak to the training and development team any time they feel they need additional support.
- We supply our staff with regular industry updates so they are up to date with current affairs and what is affecting the market in which we operate.
- Additional training courses can be pursued and flexible arrangements can be made if we believe it is in our collective best interests.
How has investing in training and development helped Exchange Utility?
Exchange Utility has benefited massively from investing in the training and development of our staff. We have created some home-grown heroes, gained recognition for our efforts and taken huge strides towards our goal of becoming the UK’s number one business energy consultation service.
Just a few of our achievements:
- Winner of the Energy Live News Consultancy Awards Business Person of the Year – Kelly Ivison, Director at Exchange Utility
- Winner of the City of Manchester Business Awards Best Employer
- Winner of the Made in Bury Business Awards for developing people
- Mass workforce expansion, taking our team from 2 to over 200 staff in just three years
- The development of a specialist training facility – named Shadamy after the member of staff who created it
- An internal incentive, promotion and succession structure that rewards those who deserve recognition for their achievements
That’s just to name a few!
Ready to start a new career with Exchange Utility?
Note to Recruitment Agencies
Exchange Utility operates Preferred Supplier arrangements for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment across all functions. As such, we would ask that agencies refrain from making contact with nor submit any CVs to our employees across the Business. Any unsolicited CVs will reflect unfavourably on any potential opportunities for your agency. Any CVs will be sent at your own risk and will be interpreted as ‘gifts’ and we will reserve the right to engage with candidates directly having not, in any way, entered into your company’s Terms and Conditions of Contract. If you would like to be considered for Preferred Supplier status, please send a brief introduction of your business to email@example.com, clearly stating in the header of your email your company name and the discipline(s) that you specialise in. Your email will then be kept on file for consideration should we review our incumbent PSL’s. Thank you for your interest and co-operation.