Business Energy Procurement
Business energy procurement is an innocuous term but one that covers a multitude of different processes, permissions and providers – a minefield for business owners who have a hundred different responsibilities jockeying for their attention.
Here at Exchange Utility we like to break down the buzzwords and industry jargon so our customers understand exactly what’s going on with their energy, which is why we’ve put together this helpful guide.
Read on to understand what business energy procurement is, how it works and how your business can make the most of the options available to find the right deals and tariffs for you.
What is business energy procurement?
Business energy procurement is the process of sourcing and purchasing energy for a business. This includes electricity, gas, and renewable energy sources. Energy procurement is an important part of any business’s operations, as it is essential for day-to-day running and the costs can have a significant impact on the bottom line.
The benefits of a planned business energy procurement
There are a number of benefits to pre-planning your business energy procurement, including the following:
- By carefully sourcing and negotiating energy contracts, businesses can reduce their energy costs
- Businesses can reduce their environmental impact by choosing renewable energy sources and energy-efficient technologies
- Businesses can have more flexibility over their energy consumption by choosing contracts that allow them to switch suppliers or change their energy usage patterns
Why choose Exchange Utility for business energy procurement?
✓ We’re there with you for every step, from your first quotes to renewal!
✓ Fixed tariffs and flexible contract options to meet your needs
✓ Efficiency advice and green gas alternatives
✓ Compare and save on your utilities
✓ Discounts available for paying by direct debit
✓ We compare deals from a trusted panel of the UK’s business energy suppliers
Don’t just take our word for it – see what our customers are saying about us on Trustpilot!
What is Exchange Utility’s business energy procurement process?
The business energy procurement process can be divided into the following steps:
- The first step our team takes is to analyse your current business energy consumption, to help identify areas in which you can save.
- Once the key areas of energy consumption have been identified we can begin to find the correct suppliers for your needs
- Once we have received quotes from different suppliers, we can start negotiating contracts. This is an important step as it can have a significant impact on your business’s energy costs.
- Once a contract has been identified we will relay the details to you so you can make the decision on whether the cost is right for your business.
- Once the contract is in place, Exchange Utility will take all the necessary steps to ensure your contract runs smoothly.
Tips for successful business energy procurement
Here are some tips for successful business energy procurement:
- The earlier you start the procurement process the more time we will have to find you the best deal.
- We will always locate a number of business energy deals and suppliers, so you can choose the best one for your business.
- It is important to understand your business’s energy needs before you start sourcing contracts, this allows for the best deal to be found for your businesses needs.
- Once you have agreed to a contract it is important to manage it effectively. This includes monitoring energy consumption, tracking costs, and identifying opportunities for further savings, an area which we can help support you with.
Business energy procurement is an important part of any business’s operations. By carefully sourcing and negotiating energy contracts, businesses can reduce their costs, improve their security of supply, reduce their environmental impact, and increase their flexibility. Using Exchange Utility as a broker for your energy procurement means the hassle of changing your supplier is made easier, due to our team handling your issues.