The Federation of Small Business Awards Exchange Utility Large Business of the Year
On the 30th November 2017, businesses from across Greater Manchester gathered together to celebrate success and discover if they had won a prestigious Federation of Small Business Award.
After being shortlisted for three awards, consultancy Exchange Utility were excited to see if they’d made the cut. Other Bury based businesses that made their mark on this Greater Manchester and Cheshire Award scheme included Lancashire Trade Frames and The Willwriting Partnership – Making Bury a triple FSB Award Winner for 2017!
The Federation of Small Business awards 2017
The glamorous venue for the ceremony was the Hilton on Deansgate, Manchester. The ceremony itself consisted of a drinks reception, speeches, dinner and the awards ceremony. The entire event was hosted by comedian Andrew Maxwell.
The competition for this years Federation of Small Business Awards was intense. In the end Exchange Utility proudly walked away with the Large Business of the Year Award.
“We are proud to be part of such a wonderful award scheme and especially pleased that so many other local companies are working hard to gain recognition and put Bury on the map as a great place to do business!
Well done to the team at Exchange Utility, this wouldn’t have been possible without you.”
Who else won at this year’s FSB awards?
There were some exceptional entries into the 2017 FSB awards, however not everyone be a winner. Here are the other businesses that beat the competition:
- Property & construction business of the year: Homes4u
- Digital business of the year: The Business Fraud Prevention Partnership
- Creative & media business of the year: House Creative
- Manufacturing & engineering business of the year: Lancashire Trade Frames
- Retail business of the year: The Face & Body Shop
- E-Commerce business of the year: School Style Ltd
- Professional services business of the year: The Will Writing Partnership
- Hair and beauty business of the year: Nataya Beauty
- Social enterprise/ non-profit business of the year: HMR Circle
- Family business of the year: The Face & Body Shop
- New business of the year: Architectural Coating Solutions
- Micro business of the year: Guide Bridge MOT
- Business of the year (10-50 employees): Digital Next
- Business of the year (51-100 employees): Click Consult
- Business of the year (101-250 employees): Exchange Utility
- Female business owner of the year: Christine Colbert, House Creative
- Young entrepreneur (-25 years): Joel Perkins, Architectural Coating Solutions
- Entrepreneur of the year: Lee Devlin, Surface Wall Finishes
- Green impact award: Emerge Recycling
- Customer service award: Albert Road Optician
- Training and development award: Inquest Canine
- Chairman’s award: Eko4 Global Services
Congratulations to all of the winners of this years’ Federation of Small Business Awards.