Top 10 tips to help you save energy at work
Are you looking to save energy at work? With more focus nowadays on reducing carbon emissions and improving energy efficiency to help the environment, employer engagement can be key to helping this in the workplace.
Everybody at work can play their part to become more energy efficient although it is not too easy to get people more engaged in saving energy at work, particularly when this is not deemed to be a top priority task in most instances.
Almost half of the UK’s energy use comes from the places where we work and learn so people need to learn to make many of the same green choices to their workplace as they currently do at home. There are plenty of ways to show employees or colleagues how they can individually make a big difference to save energy.
Learn the size of your Carbon Footprint using the Carbon Independent Carbon Footprint Calculator.
Exchange Utility have gathered these ten tips on how to save energy at work and compiled them into a handy info-graphic which you can find below.
If you would like to discuss how we our energy experts can help reduce your business energy bills, call us free on 0800 9777 000 or complete our business energy comparison request form to find out how much you could save.
Our top 10 tips for saving energy at work
1. Reduce paper waste and only print when absolutely necessary.
2. Switch off and unplug appliances and electronics when not in use.
3. Allow employees to work from home on occasion. This reduces your energy needs.
4. Utilise free sky lights and minimise artificial lighting to reduce power usage.
5. Take advantage of solar power by installing solar panels to your office building.
6. Eliminate small drafts with proper air sealing throughout the workplace.
7. Conduct energy audits and comparisons to identify areas for reducing energy needs.
8. Replace existing light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.
9. Plant trees outside your office for better protection from the outside elements.
10 Replace any outdated equipment with Energy Star appliances.
You could also save money by using a free energy comparison from Exchange Utility. We will find the best rates for your business so that you can always be sure that you are on the best tariff.