How can using an energy comparison service help your business?
So, you’re frustrated with your current energy supplier and how much you’re paying, possibly the lack of customer service too. You’ve tried switching in the past, but the hassle and general wild goose-chase of it all just aren’t worth the time and trouble. Perhaps it’s time to consider an energy comparison service, energy broker or energy consultant to help your business get the best tariff for the amount of energy you use. They can also take on the most arduous aspects of changing suppliers, so then you don’t need to worry about a thing.
What is an energy comparison service?
According to Ofgem, energy brokers, energy consultants and energy comparison services all come under the TPI (that’s third-party intermediary) umbrella. There are many comparison services out there to choose from, including Exchange Utility, and they all work to find the most competitive tariffs for their customers.
How do energy comparison services work?
Switching energy supplier involves overcoming several hurdles, the first of which is finding the right rate for your business. To put it simply, a comparison website like Exchange Utility does this for you.
- We compare your needs with the rates of the panel of business energy suppliers we work with to find the contract that suits your needs. For this, all we need are a few key details about your current energy usage – this information will usually be on a recent bill from your current supplier.
- We’ll find the right deal for you and send you all the relevant paperwork to make the changeover as seamless as possible.
- Once you’re happy with the deal that we’ve found you, it’s time to switch. For this, we need a Letter of Authority from you, which allows us to speak to your provider on your behalf. You can download one here.
Then you can concentrate on running your business, safe in the knowledge that Exchange Utility will be in touch before the end of your new contract.
For more information about how Exchange Utility can help you, read our FAQs.
Why use a business energy consultant?
With (at the time of writing) 73 licenced energy companies across the UK, and each with their own range of tariffs and locations across the UK where they offer the best prices per kilowatt, it’s a daunting task for businesses of all sizes to find the right supplier. What’s more, the price that an energy supplier charges you is dependent on a range of factors, including how much energy they sell in your location. So the best supplier for you will vary from place to place, among other things.
With so many things impacting the price of your gas and electricity bills, it’s helpful to speak to someone ‘in the know’ – an expert who knows what energy tariffs are available is aware of upcoming price rises from suppliers and can analyse all of these and advise you accordingly.
And with small and micro businesses reportedly overpaying on their energy bills by up to 24 per cent, getting the best advice is of paramount importance, and it all begins with an informed business energy comparison.
Benefits of choosing Exchange Utility
- Hassle-free experience when you switch energy suppliers
- Dedicated account manager to help you at every stage
- Our expert specialists are deeply knowledgeable about business energy contracts
- 17 suppliers compared, enabling us to find you the right deal
- Exchange Utility’s strong relationship with energy suppliers ensures a seamless switch for you
- 5-star rated on Trustpilot – thousands of happy customers can’t be wrong about their new business energy costs!
If you’re looking for effortless energy savings for your business, Exchange Utility is here to help. Use the form on this page for hard-to-beat commercial energy quotes.